Accredited Guide Services and Training Centers
The accreditation program is a voluntary means of quality assurance and peer evaluation focusing on international standards for guided canyoneering.
Accreditation examines such things as operating guidelines, access, permits, insurance, employment and business practices, and guide training. CGI accreditation is not an in-depth evaluation of a company’s guides or their individual skills. It constitutes a general business review.
Accreditation provides a consistent and meaningful standard by which to judge the reliability and professionalism of a canyoneering program. It informs the general public and land managers that a program utilizes guides who are certified and that all guides in the program have received formal training appropriate to the terrain they guide.
Benefits for your accredited program include:
- Demonstrating to the general public and land management agencies that your program meets or exceeds industry standards; a substantial advantage when attracting clients and students.
- Demonstrating your commitment to protecting and preserving canyon environments.
- Support for the professional development of your guide and instructor staff through participation in free clinics and canyon guide rendezvous.
- Gives your program greater exposure via the CGI website and our social media.
- Allows use of the CGI logo in your marketing materials.
- Provides a thorough and valuable review of your field and business practices.