International Standards and Equivalencies
We are dedicated to supporting organizations that offer training and certification for professional canyon guides and instructors. Our goal is to establish equivalencies between programs, encourage reciprocity and to promote international recognition of quality training and certification providers.
We believe that guides and the community are best served through open sharing of information and exposure to diverse training and experience.
In a spirit of cooperation we invite organizations around the world to participate. There is no cost for listing your program in our directory.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION. This page will include a list of (accredited?) schools and training centers. Can include training offered to recreational canyoneers as well as professional guides. It will include their logos and a paragraph description of their programs, along with links and contact information.
Also possible to create a search system for training programs like the search available on the Member Directory.
Below is just a partial list to start:
- American Canyoneering Association (ACA)
- Association Francaise de Canyon (AFC)
- Associazione Italiana Canyoning (AIC)
- Commission Internationale de Canyon (CIC)
- Dutch Canyoning Federation (NCB)
- International Canyoning Organization for Professionals (ICOPro)
- International Center for Adventure and Nature (ICAN)
- New Zealand Outdoor Instructors Association (NZOIA)
- Swiss Outdoor Association (SOA)
- UK Canyon Guides (UKCG)
Also possible to create a search system for certification programs like the search available on the Member Directory.
Use IFMGA website as model. http://www.ivbv.info/en/home.html There is no intent to ask established programs to jump through any hoops or pay any fee to be recognized.